Accordingly while traffic police officials barricaded the spot, vehicular movement is slow as a result of the crater. As per report the sinkhole, which is around six feet deep, appeared at the tri-junction of Old mahabalipuram Road (OMR) and Sardar Patel Road in the early hours of Thursday. Reportedly the crater is at the Madhya Kailash signal, where vehicles from Gandhi Mandapam road take a right to access OMR.
Furthermore officials say it is unclear why the road caved in. However, some reports say that the road caved-in due to the impact of the underground drainage works that were being carried out close to the sinkhole. Visuals from the spot also shows that a leak in the drainage pipe beneath the sinkhole. Apparently Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), which is carrying out infrastructure works on OMR for its second phase, has denied it being the reason for the road caving in.
When speaking to TNM, the PRO of Greater Chennai Corporation said that it was common for the road to cave-in at Madhya Kailash junction. The PRO said adding that the Corporation would have sent staff to attend to it “It has happened in the past because of Metro rail work. We have to see why it caved in this time and earlier in November 2015, the road had caved in at the Madhya Kailash signal owing to the heavy rains and floods in Chennai.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan