Accordingly while traffic police officials barricaded the spot, vehicular movement is slow as a result of the crater. As per report the sinkhole, which is around six feet deep, appeared at the tri-junction of Old mahabalipuram Road (OMR) and Sardar Patel Road in the early hours of Thursday. Reportedly the crater is at the Madhya Kailash signal, where vehicles from Gandhi Mandapam road take a right to access OMR.
Furthermore officials say it is unclear why the road caved in. However, some reports say that the road caved-in due to the impact of the underground drainage works that were being carried out close to the sinkhole. Visuals from the spot also shows that a leak in the drainage pipe beneath the sinkhole. Apparently Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), which is carrying out infrastructure works on OMR for its second phase, has denied it being the reason for the road caving in.
When speaking to TNM, the PRO of Greater Chennai Corporation said that it was common for the road to cave-in at Madhya Kailash junction. The PRO said adding that the Corporation would have sent staff to attend to it “It has happened in the past because of Metro rail work. We have to see why it caved in this time and earlier in November 2015, the road had caved in at the Madhya Kailash signal owing to the heavy rains and floods in Chennai.
Permission for early morning show not permitted for Bigil & Kaidhi for Diwali According to sources film releases during festivals happen with much fanfare in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile the tickets prices are unchecked and the number of shows is increased to cater to the needs of the fans and hence this Deepawali, two big films Vijay's Bigil and Karthi's Kaithi will be hitting the screens on October 25, the Friday before the festival.
- Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man