Heavy rains and thunderstorms have brought relief to the people of Karnataka's coastal districts. The people were suffering from rising temperatures and water shortage and now this rain has been a huge relief for the people. As per reports from officials, the districts have received an average of 40.8 mm rain in the 24 hours from June 12, 8 am.
Bantwal received 50.4 mm; Belthangady, 35.1 mm; Mangaluru, 84.6 mm; Puttur, 20.6 mm and Sullia received 6.8 mm in the same time period. The officials further said Udupi received 128.0 mm rain, Kundapura, 67.8 mm and Karkala received 88.5 mm rain. At the same time, the rain has also brought much joy to the residents, it has created trouble for some.
The district administration has shifted few families to safety as an emergency alert has been issued. The heavy rains and turbulent sea have damaged houses in a few localities in Ullal as well as the protective wall of the private resort along the coast.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan