Heavy rains and thunderstorms have brought relief to the people of Karnataka's coastal districts. The people were suffering from rising temperatures and water shortage and now this rain has been a huge relief for the people. As per reports from officials, the districts have received an average of 40.8 mm rain in the 24 hours from June 12, 8 am.
Bantwal received 50.4 mm; Belthangady, 35.1 mm; Mangaluru, 84.6 mm; Puttur, 20.6 mm and Sullia received 6.8 mm in the same time period. The officials further said Udupi received 128.0 mm rain, Kundapura, 67.8 mm and Karkala received 88.5 mm rain. At the same time, the rain has also brought much joy to the residents, it has created trouble for some.
The district administration has shifted few families to safety as an emergency alert has been issued. The heavy rains and turbulent sea have damaged houses in a few localities in Ullal as well as the protective wall of the private resort along the coast.
Permission for early morning show not permitted for Bigil & Kaidhi for Diwali According to sources film releases during festivals happen with much fanfare in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile the tickets prices are unchecked and the number of shows is increased to cater to the needs of the fans and hence this Deepawali, two big films Vijay's Bigil and Karthi's Kaithi will be hitting the screens on October 25, the Friday before the festival.
- Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man