kolkata sources stated that Striking junior doctors in West Bengal on Thursday defied Chief Minister mamata banerjee's 2 pm deadline to join work and said the agitation will continue till their demands related to their security in government hospitals are met. Reportedly the doctors have been agitating since Tuesday after two of their colleagues were attacked and seriously injured at the NRS Medical College and Hospital in kolkata.
Meanwhile Banerjee, who visited the state run SSKM hospital around noon in the wake of disruption of medical services in several parts of the state over the past three days, warned the doctors of action if they do not resume work. Apparently a team of doctors met Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi at raj Bhavan over the issue and said the chief minister's reaction to their protest was unexpected.
Moreover the delegation reiterated the demands of the striking doctors. A junior doctor said "We will continue with our agitation till our demands are fulfilled. Our demands are simple and proper security with armed policemen at all hospitals, arrest of culprits involved in the NRS attack on Saturday under non-bailable sections, we did not expect the chief minister to say what she did. Listening to her, we felt like that we were the culprits”.
Arvind Kejriwal asserted that every Delhi resident been benefited by his government's policies New Delhi sources stated that Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the BJP does not have the "courage" to do Hindu-Muslim politics in Delhi as the AAP has changed the narrative by bringing focus on issues of health and education. When lauding the work done by his government, he claimed even BJP and Congress workers would vote for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Delhi Assembly polls next year.
- Permission for early morning show not permitted for Bigil & Kaidhi for Diwali
- Heavy rain continues in Karnataka, killing 13
- Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates