kolkata sources stated that Striking junior doctors in West Bengal on Thursday defied Chief Minister mamata banerjee's 2 pm deadline to join work and said the agitation will continue till their demands related to their security in government hospitals are met. Reportedly the doctors have been agitating since Tuesday after two of their colleagues were attacked and seriously injured at the NRS Medical College and Hospital in kolkata.
Meanwhile Banerjee, who visited the state run SSKM hospital around noon in the wake of disruption of medical services in several parts of the state over the past three days, warned the doctors of action if they do not resume work. Apparently a team of doctors met Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi at raj Bhavan over the issue and said the chief minister's reaction to their protest was unexpected.
Moreover the delegation reiterated the demands of the striking doctors. A junior doctor said "We will continue with our agitation till our demands are fulfilled. Our demands are simple and proper security with armed policemen at all hospitals, arrest of culprits involved in the NRS attack on Saturday under non-bailable sections, we did not expect the chief minister to say what she did. Listening to her, we felt like that we were the culprits”.
Kodi Kathi Accused Bail Extended The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court extended the bail period of Janupalli Srinivasa Rao till July 12. Srinivasa Rao is the prime accused in the attack-case against Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Visakhapatnam in October last year. The court did not heed to the NIA's request to cancel his bail.
- Jagan Appoints Sub-Committee to Expose Chandrababu's Corruption
- Telangana Kailash Manasarovar Pilgrims who were stranded airlifted
- Jagan Gets One More Good News for Polavaram from the Center
- New Districts for AP from July
- Nandamuri Balakrishna's relative bid goodbye to TDP, joins BJP
- Praja Vedika Building demolished in Amaravathi
- Seven Crore Public Money Siphoned Off in Praja Vedika?
- Tollway price hiked from July 1 in Bengaluru
- Dollar index decreased 0.24% at 95.9838 in late trading
- Controversy erupted over removal of portrait of Rajinikanth from Bigg Boss Tamil 3 house
- Ms Carroll accused Mr. Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1990s
- Chandrababu Naidu's family members security removed by CM Jagan
- What Malladi Vishnu did as VGTM-UDA Chairman?
- Dayanidhi Maran attacks AIADMK Govt regard to water crisis in Tamilnadu
- Slug blamed for delaying dozens of trains in Japan