Reportedly in an unexpected move, the Karnataka state road transport authorities have hiked the fees for student bus passes this year. Recently the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has added a processing fee of Rs 200 to the bus passes. According to sources the bus pass fare will increase by Rs 200 and will vary for student-passengers in high school, pre-university, engineering, medical and evening colleges.
Meanwhile with this, the bus passes for primary school students, which were free until now, will cost Rs 200. For renewing smart card bus passes, the BMTC has added a processing fee of Rs 170 for all student passes. Furthermore the Transport Department officials says Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) is also slated to announce an increase in fare of student bus passes soon.
Moreover the BMTC has started issuing new smart card bus passes for students this year. The BMTC is expected to issue 3.5 lakh to 4 lakh smart cards this year, including renewal of the cards issued the previous year. BMTC said in a press release “Students bus passes have been subject to concessions every year as the government bears 50% of the total cost, while the transport corporations bear 25% of the cost and students will have to pay the remaining 25%”.
AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary BJP Andhra Pradesh Unit which drew a blank in the recent elections has pinned all hopes on Rajya Sabha member Y Sujana Chowdary, who defected from Telugu Desam Party to the Bharatiya Janata Party last month. Sujana is planning to rope in more TDP leaders and increase the image of the saffron party in Andhra Pradesh.
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?
- YSR Congress Deprived Chandrababu of His Only Achievement?
- Venkaiah Naidu appreciated Tamilnadu being Medical destination of India
- Why is plastic perceived to be such a significant threat?
- Landing in Moon is tricky & challenging
- KIA brought by YSR not CBN!
- Facebook been fined by FTC for private violations
- Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama
- This 25 year old guy known for his Belly Dance
- Why can't Vijay Mallya stand as example of honesty?
- Will MS Dhoni enter Politics after his retirement?
- Chandrayaan 2 cheaper than Avengers Endgame
- YS Jagan copycats his Dad's Footprints
- First Transgender appointed by Swiggy