Bishkek sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra modi and his Pakistani counterpart imran khan exchanged pleasantries on Friday during the SCO summit in Bishkek. Reportedly modi exchanged usual pleasantries with Khan in the Leaders' Lounge at venue of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit here, they said. Both modi and Khan were here to attend the annual summit of the SCO.
Furthermore the exchange of pleasantries came over two weeks after Khan and Foreign Minister Shah mehmood Qureshi wrote separate letters to their Indian counterparts, pushing for restarting the bilateral talks. Reportedly india has not been engaging with pakistan since an attack on the Air Force base at Pathankot in January of 2016 by a pakistan based terror group, maintaining that talks and terror cannot go together.
Moreover Khan had also made a telephone call to modi on May 26 and expressed his desire to work together for the betterment of people of the two countries. Further on his part, modi said creating trust and an environment free of violence and terrorism was essential for fostering peace and prosperity in the region and hence following the phone call and letter by Khan to Prime Minister modi after his re-election for a second term, there were speculation that both may have a meeting on the sidelines of the SCO summit here.
AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary BJP Andhra Pradesh Unit which drew a blank in the recent elections has pinned all hopes on Rajya Sabha member Y Sujana Chowdary, who defected from Telugu Desam Party to the Bharatiya Janata Party last month. Sujana is planning to rope in more TDP leaders and increase the image of the saffron party in Andhra Pradesh.
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?
- YSR Congress Deprived Chandrababu of His Only Achievement?
- Venkaiah Naidu appreciated Tamilnadu being Medical destination of India
- Why is plastic perceived to be such a significant threat?
- Landing in Moon is tricky & challenging
- KIA brought by YSR not CBN!
- Facebook been fined by FTC for private violations
- Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama
- This 25 year old guy known for his Belly Dance
- Why can't Vijay Mallya stand as example of honesty?
- Will MS Dhoni enter Politics after his retirement?
- Chandrayaan 2 cheaper than Avengers Endgame
- YS Jagan copycats his Dad's Footprints
- First Transgender appointed by Swiggy