Reportedly a spell of moderate to heavy showers left areas in northern Karnataka inundated as the southwest monsoon continued to advance in the state. Meanwhile rainfall was reported in Vijayapura, Bagalkote, Dharwad, Belagavi, Uttara Kannada and Gadag districts. Furthermore in Hubballi, the rains began at 2 pm on Sunday leaving several areas including Neeligin Road and Kamaripet inundated with water and the low-lying areas in the city were waterlogged by the rain.
Furthermore heavy showers and water logging were also reported in Belagavi, Gadag, Bagalkot and Uttara Kannada districts. In Arbhavi in Belagavi district, more than 100 mm rainfall was recorded. Meanwhile the rains have brought respite to regions in northern Karnataka affected by drought. The Karnataka government had earlier notified that 156 out of 175 taluks in the state were drought-hit. Hence this included most taluks in the state's northern regions.
Moreover despite Sunday night's burst of rain, there has been a deficiency in rainfall in the state by 30 % since the onset of the monsoon. Apparently the deficit is particularly acute in the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Uttara Kannada where rainfall is lesser at this time of the year by 53%, 46% and 37% respectively.
Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment? Reportedly Saravana Bhavan hotels founder and murder case convict P Rajagopal's suffered from a heart attack late on Saturday, remains critical and is on ventilator support at present. P Rajagopal, who surrendered before the IV Magistrate court in Chennai on July 8, was admitted to Stanley Medical College hospital on the same day. Plagued by health issues, Rajagopal had, in fact, arrived
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly
- Chandrababu has nothing to do with Kia Motors, wide publicity which is untrue!
- Why Chandrayaan 2 launch called off?
- Telugu Bigg Boss Season 3 gearing up, List of Contestants here
- AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM