Reportedly a spell of moderate to heavy showers left areas in northern Karnataka inundated as the southwest monsoon continued to advance in the state. Meanwhile rainfall was reported in Vijayapura, Bagalkote, Dharwad, Belagavi, Uttara Kannada and Gadag districts. Furthermore in Hubballi, the rains began at 2 pm on Sunday leaving several areas including Neeligin Road and Kamaripet inundated with water and the low-lying areas in the city were waterlogged by the rain.
Furthermore heavy showers and water logging were also reported in Belagavi, Gadag, Bagalkot and Uttara Kannada districts. In Arbhavi in Belagavi district, more than 100 mm rainfall was recorded. Meanwhile the rains have brought respite to regions in northern Karnataka affected by drought. The Karnataka government had earlier notified that 156 out of 175 taluks in the state were drought-hit. Hence this included most taluks in the state's northern regions.
Moreover despite Sunday night's burst of rain, there has been a deficiency in rainfall in the state by 30 % since the onset of the monsoon. Apparently the deficit is particularly acute in the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Uttara Kannada where rainfall is lesser at this time of the year by 53%, 46% and 37% respectively.
Why Chandrayaan 2 launch called off? Sriharikota sources stated that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said less than an hour before liftoff; India's second mission to Moon, Chandrayaan-2 on board GSLVMkIII-M1 was on July 15 called off due to a technical snag. Meanwhile the countdown to the launch scheduled for 2.51 am was stopped 56 minutes and 24 seconds before liftoff at 1.55 am following the announcement
- Telugu Bigg Boss Season 3 gearing up, List of Contestants here
- AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?
- YSR Congress Deprived Chandrababu of His Only Achievement?
- Venkaiah Naidu appreciated Tamilnadu being Medical destination of India
- Why is plastic perceived to be such a significant threat?
- Landing in Moon is tricky & challenging
- KIA brought by YSR not CBN!
- Facebook been fined by FTC for private violations
- Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama
- This 25 year old guy known for his Belly Dance
- Why can't Vijay Mallya stand as example of honesty?
- Will MS Dhoni enter Politics after his retirement?
- Chandrayaan 2 cheaper than Avengers Endgame