Accordingly even as Chennai struggles to cope with a massive water crisis, DMK President MK Stalin will be leading a protest against the AIADMK government on Monday demanding a solution to the city's water problem. Meanwhile in a statement from the party on Saturday, cadres and leaders were urged to participate in the protest in large numbers. Furthermore on Saturday too, the DMK had held protests at district headquarters across the state to press the state government for necessary action to mitigate the people's suffering.
Reportedly DMK Treasurer and senior leader Duraimurugan threatened to launch a protest against the supply of water to Chennai from Jolarpettai in Vellore by train. Hence party sources told TNM, however, that this was the Katpadi MLA’s individual view and the Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami had announced that 10 million litres a day (MLD) water would be transported from Jolarpettai in the Vellore district to Chennai by train at a cost of Rs 65 crore.
Moreover following the announcement, senior officials of Tamilnadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD), CMWSSB and Southern Railway surveyed water bodies in Jolarpettai on Saturday. Surplus water supplied to Vellore through the Mettur drinking water project will be diverted to Chennai according to the plan and the water will be brought to Chennai, treated in Kilpauk and supplied to parts of northern and central Chennai till Triplicane.
Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue According to sources ever since India's Space Research Organisation has cancelled the supposed Chandrayaan 2 mission launch, there is a widespread criticism on the space agency regarding the last-minute change in plans. Meanwhile especially some journalists who were invited to the launch program have made some scathing remarks.
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban
- Uber Eats to boost business in Small Town
- Ram Madhav confirmed on humiliation at TANA?
- Siddaramaiah announces Trust Vote on Thursday at Karnataka Assembly
- Chandrababu has nothing to do with Kia Motors, wide publicity which is untrue!
- Why Chandrayaan 2 launch called off?
- Telugu Bigg Boss Season 3 gearing up, List of Contestants here
- AP BJP Pins All Hopes on Sujana Chowdary
- Bunking Conspiracies, Investors Bee-lining to AP After Jagan Becoming CM
- Ravi Prakash New News Channel Named R-Plus?