Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy took a significant decision to revoke Permissions for the Bauxite mining in the Eastern Ghats in visakhapatnam district. He announced that the controversial Government Order of 2015 (GO Ms No. 97 issued on November 5, 2015, by then Chandrababu Naidu government would be withdrawn.
The earlier order empowered the State Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC) to mine bauxite in 1212 hectares in 13 stretches in Chintapalli and Gudem Kotha Veedhi revenue blocks in visakhapatnam district. However, the government put it in abeyance following protests by local tribals and environmentalists.
"The government is not going to lose anything by giving up bauxite mining. Peace is more important for us", jagan said while announcing scrapping of the GO at the Collectors' Conference this morning. This decision of the government has brought the cheer on the faces of millions of the Tribals living in the area.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights