Reportedly ruling out the rethink, Congress President rahul Gandhi has tendered his resignation to party's top post. When taking responsibility for the defeat in 2019 general election, rahul has quit the post. However, he will continue to be president until his resignation is accepted by the Congress Working Committee (CWC) and a new chief is appointed after due process.
Presently it is buzzed that All india Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary's most senior member Motilal Vora would be made as interim president till new president is elected. Meanwhile, several names are doing the rounds in Congress for the president job. Names of dalit leaders like Sushil Kumar Shinde, mallikarjun Kharge and Mukul Wasnik are being heard.
Moreover on the other hand OBC and upper-caste leaders such as ashok Gehlot and Anand Sharma and young, dynamic leaders like sachin Pilot, jyotiraditya scindia are also strongly heard. Perhaps he first step would be to call for a meeting of the CWC and to accept Rahul's resignation and thus interim president would be chosen, followed by the due process of the election of the party president.
CBN demands CBI investigation for death of Kodela Siva Prasad Reportedly accusing the Andhra Pradesh government led by Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy of being responsible for the death of Dr Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, former Assembly speaker, Telugu Desam supreme N. Chandrababu Naidu has demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the matter.
- Rajinikanth says Amit Shah's common language can't be imposed in India
- Hindu Dental College student found dead in hostel in Pakistan
- Collector ordered for heavy penalties for throwing garbage on road
- Police Intercepts Kodela's Last Call, More Doubts
- Jagan Government's Appointments in TTD Board Creates Uproar
- Kodela's Son, Shivaram to be Interrogated
- How Brain eating Amoeba entered 10 year Girl while swimming in Texas River?
- Chennai Man died after electric pole fell on him while feeding street dogs
- No Truth in 19 Cases on Kodela
- Chennai to receive rainfall for next 48 hours
- Heavy rains lashed Andhra Pradesh's Rayalaseema region disrupted normal life
- ISRO tweeted a thank for all the support it received from Vikram Lander
- Astra an indigenous Visual Range Missile successfully test-fired by IAF
- Onion prices goes up in Delhi
- Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet PM Modi in Delhi today