Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy has withdrawn the government order (G.O.) 97 that allows AP Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC) to mine bauxite ore in the Eastern Ghats in visakhapatnam district. Meanwhile the previous TDP government on November 5, 2015 allowed APMDC to mine in 1,212 hectares of reserve forest area in Chintapalle and Jerella. Tribals, NGOs and social and environmental activists have made numerous protests against this. Furthermore as the protests grew, then government put the G.O. on hold and did not touch it later on.
Further this issue even got the notice of the new CM jagan and after giving a thought, he decided to completely ban bauxite mining. Meanwhile the activists who are protesting against mining, welcomed the government's decision.
As per report bauxite is being secretly mined at few places and CM jagan has ordered the police to take appropriate measures to end the secret mining as well. Apparently jagan instructed the police to visit tribal places constantly and win the trust of people.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370