According to sources the UNESCO shared the announcement on Twitter. “Just inscribed as @UNESCO #WorldHeritage Site: Jaipur City in Rajasthan, #india. Bravo,” the UN body posted on Saturday. The decision was taken at the 43rd session of the Unesco World Heritage Committee, which is taking place in azerbaijan from June 20 to July 10.
In 2018, then Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma formally announced that Jaipur’s name being proposed for World Heritage City. The Archaeological Survey of india had in 2015 submitted a proposal to Unesco for the status. Since then, the city has been in the tentative list while Ahmedabad proved luckier as it bagged the tag of becoming the first World Heritage City from india.
In addition to Jaipur, the Committee examined 36 nominations for inscription on Unesco’s World Heritage List during the session. Welcoming the Unesco announcement, Prime Minister Narendra modi tweeted: “Jaipur is a city associated with culture and valour. Elegant and energetic, Jaipur’s hospitality draws people from all over. Glad that this city has been inscribed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.” Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot expressed his happiness at the development, terming it a proud moment for the state and a development which will boost tourism.
Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019 Devendra Fadnavis – BJP Perhaps one of the most salient Assembly seats for the BJP Shiva Sena alliance both in terms of prestige for the parties and that of the candidate is Nagpur South West from where Devendra Fadnavis has been elected since 2009.
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls