Chennai sources stated the State government has proposed to build about 10,000 check dams across Tamilnadu at a cost of Rs 312 crore to facilitate irrigation and help recharge groundwater. Reportedly repair of roads and bridges damaged by Cyclone Gaja in the coastal districts will be taken up at a cost of Rs 200.53 crore, Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami informed the Assembly on Wednesday.
When making a slew of announcements under rule 110 in the State Assembly, Mr. Palaniswami said roads and bridges were badly affected due to last year’s cyclone Gaja that ravaged several districts. Furthermore taking into account the extensive damage to roads and bridges in Nagappattinam, Tiruvarur, thanjavur, and Pudukottai districts, the government would take up appropriate repair work.
Moreover he added areas that were hit in kodaikanal region in Dindigul district will also be covered. Apparently the Chief Minister also announced three new law colleges in Tamilnadu in view of increasing applications every year from aspirants and to help students from backward communities socially and economically get legal education. He said "A Special Officer will be appointed for every college to immediately start after the preliminary work”.
10 Lakh For Every Family in KCR's Native Village Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao got a rousing reception at his native village in Chintamadaka of Siddipet district on Monday. Though KCR had spent a lot of time in his childhood in Chintamadaka, he hardly visited the place after he became the chief minister, except on the polling day.
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Puducherry for next 72 hours
- WB would extend special $1 billion assistance to AP for its development
- Chandrayaan-2 launched Creating History in Indian Space Research
- Chandrayaan 2 launch Today: ISRO
- Is Yogi Adithyanath ruling UP like a Dictator? Telangana Congress
- July 27 an inaugural special train for Bengaluru-Mysury MEMU Train
- Heavy rainfall predicted to next 24 Hours in Kerala
- PM Modi expressed his condolences for longest serving CM of Delhi Sheila Dikshit
- BJP keen to appoint a Union Minister from AP & Who is he?
- Is Pawan's attitude changed as far as Bhimawaram fans are concerned?
- Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States