According to sources Prime Minister Narendra modi's administration has asked global warship makers to submit proposals to build six conventional submarines in india to boost local shipyard capability and plug gaps in the navy's underwater warfare fleet. Meanwhile france's Naval Group SA, German Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems GmBH, Swedish Saab Kockums, Spanish Navantia SA and Russian Rosoboronexport OJSC were asked to show if they can transfer technology to build the diesel-electric powered submarines in india, people familiar with the matter said in New delhi, asking not to be identified as the discussions were private.
Furthermore the request for expression of interest to the foreign companies were issued earlier this month, they said, but the award of contract could take at least three years. Meanwhile Defense ministry spokesman Aman Anand wasn't immediately available for comment and the government issued a separate expression of interest on June 20 for an Indian shipyard to build the submarines at a cost of 450 billion rupees ($6.6 billion).
Moreover the Indian shipyards asked to respond include two private companies Larsen & Toubro Ltd and Reliance Naval & Engineering Ltd. as well as five state owned groups Mazagon Docks & Engineers, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, goa Shipyard Ltd, Hindustan Shipyard Ltd and Cochin Shipyard Ltd. Apparently the Indian shipyard selected under the process would tie up with the chosen foreign company to establish dedicated manufacturing lines for the submarines in india.
FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases Chennai sources stated that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said carrying a red cloth bag instead of the usual leather briefcase to present the Union Budget was an indication that the Narendra Modi government does not practice the culture of “exchanging suitcases”. Meanwhile on her maiden visit to Chennai after assuming office, she addressed members of the Nagarathar Chambers
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"