Sources from Jolarpettai stated that Indian authorities on Thursday filled tanks with water and loaded them onto a train in Tamilnadu to supply its manufacturing capital Chennai where reservoirs have run dry. Reportedly the train number WAG 5 HA 23907 which had left Jolarpet with 50 wagons of water at 7:30 am reached Villivakkam near Chennai on Friday. Technicians in the railway station at Jolarpettai, located over 135 miles (217 km) from Chennai, worked from early on Thursday to fill fifty wagons with 50,000 litres of water each, sourced from a south Indian river.
Accordingly the unusual water train, expected to reach Chennai on Friday, will provide much needed relief to the car making centre dubbed “india’s Detroit.” Furthermore the shortage has forced some schools to shut, companies to ask employees to work from home, and hotels to ration water for guests.
Moreover bad water management and lack of rainfall mean all four reservoirs that supply Chennai have run virtually dry this summer. Perhaps other Indian cities, including the capital New delhi and technology hub Bengaluru, are also grappling with water shortages. Ground water levels in Chennai and in regions around the city have been falling due to lack of rainfall. Hence like many Indian cities, Chennai’s growth over the past 20 years has been rapid and haphazard.
10 Lakh For Every Family in KCR's Native Village Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao got a rousing reception at his native village in Chintamadaka of Siddipet district on Monday. Though KCR had spent a lot of time in his childhood in Chintamadaka, he hardly visited the place after he became the chief minister, except on the polling day.
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Puducherry for next 72 hours
- WB would extend special $1 billion assistance to AP for its development
- Chandrayaan-2 launched Creating History in Indian Space Research
- Chandrayaan 2 launch Today: ISRO
- Is Yogi Adithyanath ruling UP like a Dictator? Telangana Congress
- July 27 an inaugural special train for Bengaluru-Mysury MEMU Train
- Heavy rainfall predicted to next 24 Hours in Kerala
- PM Modi expressed his condolences for longest serving CM of Delhi Sheila Dikshit
- BJP keen to appoint a Union Minister from AP & Who is he?
- Is Pawan's attitude changed as far as Bhimawaram fans are concerned?
- Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States