Reportedly the hyderabad police on Friday morning turned up at the doorstep of former Chief Executive Officer of Telugu media outlet Mojo TV, revathi Pogadadanda, to detain her. Meanwhile the police said that they were investigating a case registered under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, in which the journalist was an accused. Furthermore a guest who had appeared on a debate on the channel had filed a police complaint saying he had been insulted.
She said "They tell me I'm creating a law and order problem! How brilliant is that I am creating a law and order problem in my own home! Brilliant job". Furthermore revathi also alleged that despite not having a warrant or a notice, the police personnel demanded that she accompany them to the police station, even though she informed them that she had to send her child to school, and also had a doctor's appointment. She added "Cops have been tripled at my house. Arresting a journalist without a warrant is the top priority of the government right now”.
Moreover both revathi and Ravi Prakash have claimed that the clampdown is part of efforts being taken by the state government to curb editorial independence of media outlets which have been critical of the ruling party and perhaps Ravi Prakash is the founder of MoJo TV.
10 Lakh For Every Family in KCR's Native Village Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao got a rousing reception at his native village in Chintamadaka of Siddipet district on Monday. Though KCR had spent a lot of time in his childhood in Chintamadaka, he hardly visited the place after he became the chief minister, except on the polling day.
- Heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Puducherry for next 72 hours
- WB would extend special $1 billion assistance to AP for its development
- Chandrayaan-2 launched Creating History in Indian Space Research
- Chandrayaan 2 launch Today: ISRO
- Is Yogi Adithyanath ruling UP like a Dictator? Telangana Congress
- July 27 an inaugural special train for Bengaluru-Mysury MEMU Train
- Heavy rainfall predicted to next 24 Hours in Kerala
- PM Modi expressed his condolences for longest serving CM of Delhi Sheila Dikshit
- BJP keen to appoint a Union Minister from AP & Who is he?
- Is Pawan's attitude changed as far as Bhimawaram fans are concerned?
- Devotees donating Rs 10,000 to Srivani Trust may get VIP darshan in Tirupati
- FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States