mumbai sources reported that attempts by law enforcement agencies to declare wanted diamantaire Nirav modi a fugitive economic offender were delayed further after a special mumbai sessions court hearing the matter postponed the case until it is vested with appropriate powers. Meanwhile in an order, special judge UM Mudholkar said courts dealing with such matters must have powers under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and as a designated court for the Central Bureau of Investigation/Anti-Corruption Branch. Hence this court is bestowed only with powers under the PMLA.
He said “So far as designated powers of this court as CBI/ACB judge are concerned, notification of this court is not received and is awaited. So, in a sense, as on today, this court cannot effectively deal with these matters”. Furthermore modi, in an application filed through senior counsel vijay Aggarwal, had contended that while the court is a designated court under PMLA, it was not designated under the Prevention of Corruption.
The judge said “In such a situation, passing of any effective order by this court would not be proper,” the judge said. “The notification may come very shortly. Hence, to avoid further complications, passing of the order on this application can be deferred till next date or till receipt of the notification.”
FMs Budget presentation indicates Modi government does not practice culture of exchanging suitcases Chennai sources stated that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said carrying a red cloth bag instead of the usual leather briefcase to present the Union Budget was an indication that the Narendra Modi government does not practice the culture of “exchanging suitcases”. Meanwhile on her maiden visit to Chennai after assuming office, she addressed members of the Nagarathar Chambers
- World Bank withdrew from Amaravati due to Corruption, say AP officials
- Ganta Blackmailing Chandrababu Naidu?
- CM Jagan Announces A New Record of Both the Telugu States
- Telangana DGP warns about Cyber Criminals Online
- House in Telangana's urban areas will no longer require permissions from local bodies
- Unnecessary issue for Telangana Home Minister by his Grandson in TikTok
- Huge drop sees in Hotel Occupancy rate in Vijayawada!
- Are you Aged yourself in FaceApp which is going viral
- Kishan Reddy To Be Telangana BJP CM Candidate?
- 2766 Crore Power Scam in TDP Regime
- CM Jagan Takes A Historic Decision for Social Justice
- Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"