Reportedly there is no doubt that plastic affects the environment badly, but a trend has developed in the reporting on the impact of plastics that’s not only selective but also borders on panic mongering rather than impartial analysis of existing studies. Furthermore contrary to a great deal of media coverage which has placed plastic as environmental public enemy number one, I would argue that it’s not in the same league as the climate crisis, consumerism and human population growth which, collectively, threaten the biosphere.
Apparently a second approach, based on the size of particles found in food and drink, estimated ingestion at 0.1-0.3 g per week. Even this range is too high, because many micro plastics are fibres, which weigh much less than fragments of similar size. I estimate a value closer to 0.005 g per week.
Moreover the problem with research of this nature and the media coverage it gets is that most people will see the headline and think they’re eating 5 g of plastic a week. Perhaps we need to guard against selective and biased reporting of scientific studies to pursue particular agendas. Moreover we should do all we can to limit the amount of waste plastic entering the environment, but we cannot afford to allow the focus on plastic to detract from tackling the challenges that threaten our very existence, as well that of other species
Will Housekeeping services be continued in Southern Railway Trains? Reportedly the Southern Railway has taken back its decision suspending housekeeping in most of its trains, after the Ministry of Railways sanctioned a last minute payment to continue the services. Meanwhile the Principal Chief Mechanical engineer of the Southern Railway sent a letter to all divisions stating that the order issued for suspending On Board Housekeeping Services (OBHS
- Case Filed on Former Speaker Kodela in Furniture Robbery Case
- Chandrababu's First Delhi Trip After Election Defeat
- Youngsters with smart phones can register themselves as damage assessment volunteers for Kerala flood relief
- Airtel bundled various other offers including subscriptions to OTT platforms
- Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala?
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu
- PM Modi to Skip Arun Jaitley's Final Rites
- CM Jagan Takes Another Sensational Cost-Cutting Decision
- Jagan To Continue Legal Battle on Polavaram Tenders
- BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala