Accordingly a trust vote will be held this week on the floor of the Karnataka assembly and will perhaps put an end to the current political crisis. Meanwhile the trust vote will be held at 11am on Thursday, former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah confirmed to TNM. "We are confident of proving majority". Till Thursday, the Assembly proceedings have also been adjourned as the BJP had said they won't take part in any discussions with government being a minority.
Reportedly this after Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar announced that a vote of confidence for Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy will take place only after Tuesday when the apex court is expected to arrive at a conclusion. Meanwhile the apex court had ordered status quo be maintained till Tuesday regarding the resignations and disqualifications of the 10 dissident MLAs who had approached the court and the bench led by CJI will also hear a petition filed by Karnataka Youth Congress Secretary Anil Chacko Joseph and others who also approached the top court pleading to intervene in the ongoing case claiming that the resignation of these 10 rebel MLAs was to be treated as defections.
On Monday afternoon there have been no signs of reconciliation between the rebels and their parties with those holed up in the mumbai hotel writing to mumbai police seeking security in the light of rumors suggesting top leaders of the Congress party may pay them a visit and hence the numbers are stacked up against the ruling coalition with BJP leading with a 107, and the coalition stuck at 101.
School prank turned tragic in AP Reportedly a prank by some students in a school in Andhra Pradesh to bully a Class 1 student, led to his tragic death, as he was locked up in a toilet for several hours. Meanwhile as per report the incident had taken place on August 17 at a government school in Punganur in the state's Chittoor district. Furthermore the boy was identified as 6 year old Harshavardhan.
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association