Accordingly a trust vote will be held this week on the floor of the Karnataka assembly and will perhaps put an end to the current political crisis. Meanwhile the trust vote will be held at 11am on Thursday, former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah confirmed to TNM. "We are confident of proving majority". Till Thursday, the Assembly proceedings have also been adjourned as the BJP had said they won't take part in any discussions with government being a minority.
Reportedly this after Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar announced that a vote of confidence for Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy will take place only after Tuesday when the apex court is expected to arrive at a conclusion. Meanwhile the apex court had ordered status quo be maintained till Tuesday regarding the resignations and disqualifications of the 10 dissident MLAs who had approached the court and the bench led by CJI will also hear a petition filed by Karnataka Youth Congress Secretary Anil Chacko Joseph and others who also approached the top court pleading to intervene in the ongoing case claiming that the resignation of these 10 rebel MLAs was to be treated as defections.
On Monday afternoon there have been no signs of reconciliation between the rebels and their parties with those holed up in the mumbai hotel writing to mumbai police seeking security in the light of rumors suggesting top leaders of the Congress party may pay them a visit and hence the numbers are stacked up against the ruling coalition with BJP leading with a 107, and the coalition stuck at 101.
1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps Accordingly hotels and restaurants have stepped up pressure on food technology platforms to reduce the discounts and commissions. Meanwhile after several restaurants logged out of these platforms last week, the umbrella body of hotels and restaurants association has also stepped in and asked the food service aggregators (FSAs) to review the practices.
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?