Accordingly the Chennai Corporation has collected Rs 45 lakh as fine from violators of the plastic ban enforced by the government of Tamilnadu. According to report, this amount has been collected in less than a month since the Corporation announced the penalty amounts. Meanwhile it was announced in June that those who don’t comply with the plastic ban regulations of the state government will be levied a fine of up to Rs 1 lakh.
Furthermore the fine, which is levied in four categories, will be imposed if the Corporation officers find plastic in shops during their searches. If any industrial unit is found storing, supplying, transporting, selling and distributing single-use plastics, the fine for first time offence is Rs 25,000. Hence if the same unit is found violating the law again, the penalty will be increased to Rs 50,000 and Rs 1 lakh if the unit commits the offence a third time. If the industrial unit is found not complying with the ban orders a fourth time, their trade license will be cancelled.
Moreover the fine amount ranges between Rs 10,000 and Rs 20,000 for malls, supermarkets and kalyana mandapams depending on the repetition of offences. Meanwhile the penalty amount for smaller commercial establishments varies between Rs 1,000 and Rs 5,000, for street vendors the fine amount ranges from Rs 100 to Rs 500. Perhaps since January 1, when the plastic ban in the state came into force, more than 250 tonnes of banned plastic items have been seized by the Corporation officials.
Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders? BJP State Leaders are being extremely critical of the State Government almost on par with the Opposition Party, TDP. YSR Congress is maintaining restraint so as to maintain good relations with the Center. Rajya Sabha MP, Vijaya Sai Reddy along with Ajeya Kallam, principal advisor to the chief minister and other officials went to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) today
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?