BJP Andhra Pradesh Unit which drew a blank in the recent elections has pinned all hopes on Rajya Sabha member Y Sujana Chowdary, who defected from Telugu Desam Party to the Bharatiya Janata Party last month. Sujana is planning to rope in more TDP leaders and increase the image of the saffron party in Andhra Pradesh.
But then, the fact is that during his stint in the TDP over the last 15 years, Sujana Chowdary had only been a backroom worker for the party and had never gone into the people. He never contested any direct election despite being a big financier for the TDP. It is unlikely that he will be of any use for the party.
On the other side, Sujana told media in Vijayawada on Sunday that he was ready to contest the direct elections next time if the BJP central leadership asks him to do so. Sources say that Sujana Chowdary may be inducted into Union Cabinet once again in a bid to strengthen BJP in Andhra Pradesh.
School prank turned tragic in AP Reportedly a prank by some students in a school in Andhra Pradesh to bully a Class 1 student, led to his tragic death, as he was locked up in a toilet for several hours. Meanwhile as per report the incident had taken place on August 17 at a government school in Punganur in the state's Chittoor district. Furthermore the boy was identified as 6 year old Harshavardhan.
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association