Amaravathi sources stated that the decision to review power purchase agreements (PPAs) inked during TDP regime was only to make amends for the wrongs done in the past, stated principal adviser to Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy, ajay Kallam. Meanwhile he said there was a misinformation campaign which was being carried out by some vested interests who were promoting that cancelling PPAs would result in investments to the State going back.
He added "There are power companies which are coming forward to sell power to State without any such agreements in place". Furthermore highlighting that the decision to review the agreements was only to bring down costs on such purchases and to bring in transparency in the process, he said: "The past government inked PPAs at Rs 6 per unit cost. Solar power agreement was struck at Rs 4.84. But the prices of wind, solar and power prices have come down. Solar power unit cost which was at Rs 18 in 2010 is now being sold at Rs 2.45. Similarly, wind power prices came down to 43 paise from Rs 4.20. There is no need for the State to buy power at a higher price. Public money is being wasted due to this. Without PPAs, there are several companies which are coming forward to sell power at Rs 2.72."
Moreover it may be recalled that Chief Minister YS jagan has already constituted a Cabinet Sub Committee to review the PPAs comprising Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath Reddy, Energy Minister Balineni Srinivas Reddy, ajay Kallam among others.
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation