Amaravathi sources stated that the decision to review power purchase agreements (PPAs) inked during TDP regime was only to make amends for the wrongs done in the past, stated principal adviser to Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy, ajay Kallam. Meanwhile he said there was a misinformation campaign which was being carried out by some vested interests who were promoting that cancelling PPAs would result in investments to the State going back.
He added "There are power companies which are coming forward to sell power to State without any such agreements in place". Furthermore highlighting that the decision to review the agreements was only to bring down costs on such purchases and to bring in transparency in the process, he said: "The past government inked PPAs at Rs 6 per unit cost. Solar power agreement was struck at Rs 4.84. But the prices of wind, solar and power prices have come down. Solar power unit cost which was at Rs 18 in 2010 is now being sold at Rs 2.45. Similarly, wind power prices came down to 43 paise from Rs 4.20. There is no need for the State to buy power at a higher price. Public money is being wasted due to this. Without PPAs, there are several companies which are coming forward to sell power at Rs 2.72."
Moreover it may be recalled that Chief Minister YS jagan has already constituted a Cabinet Sub Committee to review the PPAs comprising Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath Reddy, Energy Minister Balineni Srinivas Reddy, ajay Kallam among others.
President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir Reportedly the Unites States said India’s decision on Article 370 for the state of Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter but has regional implications and President Donald Trump expects to hear from PM Narendra Modi when they meet on the margins of the upcoming G-7 meetings what he plans to do to reduce
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?
- From September 1 RBI allows e-mandates for recurring transactions
- Single use plastics be banned by Indian Railways from October 2
- Southern Railways plans to suspend Housekeeping Services in 86 Trains