Reportedly State Bank of india has been slapped with penalties by the Reserve Bank of india for a variety of violations of its directives. Meanwhile the aggregate fine to be paid by the largest government-owned bank is Rs 7 crore. Furthermore RBI has one standard set of rules and processes to be followed by all the public sector banks and then there are periodic notifications issued in order to streamline the functioning of the banks.
Accordingly the regulator then keeps an eye on banks not following these procedures and directives. While minor wrongdoings may be let off with a warning letter, serious breaches are met with fines and penalties. Moreover the present Rs 7-crore fine imposed on State Bank of india is due to a number of areas of wrongdoing. These include non-conformity with asset classification norms, violation of code of conduct for opening and operating current accounts and delay/default in reporting of data on Central Repository of Information on Large Credits. Banks would usually assign compliance officers to take care of most of these cases of reporting back to RBI.
Perhaps it needs to be clarified here that while RBI finds faults with the banks and imposes fines etc. at no point will these punishments affect the arrangements that the banks have entered into with their customers. Moreover these are merely compliance issues between the banks and their regulator, the RBI.
Jagan Faces Uphill Task to foot the bill for Navaratnalu YSR Congress government in Andhra Pradesh faces an uphill task of raising the additional resources to pool in the series of sops announced during last two-and-half months needing a whopping Rs 50,000 crore. But the State Government is already suffering from a Revenue Deficit of 45000 Crore.
- Carrying a MacBook Pro during Flight Travel? Well from now you can't as they are banned by Federal Aviation Administration
- Chandrababu Better Than Jagan: BJP Leader
- Blaze at AIIMS Delhi where former Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was admitted in ICU
- Janasena To Prepare Jagan's 100 Days Progress Report
- YSRCP - Success in Election Management but failed in Flood Management
- Jagan Sacrifice Personal Life for State Interests
- Rahul Gandhi starts distributing kits to Flood hit Wayanad Families
- This Cop caught by ACB for getting Bribe after receiving Best Constable Award
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited launched Feeder service at flat rate of Rs.10
- Sanyas Kumar is visually impaired but has qualified in the OPSC in Odisha
- NASA monitoring deadly asteroid that might impact Earth by April 2020
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- PM Narendra Modi gives assurance for the growth of Auto sector
- Karnataka in need of more Central Aid for flood relief
- Vistara benefited after closure of Jet Airways