Reportedly the first tranche of $250 million of the $500 million fund set aside by the World Bank for the Resilient kerala Programme (RKP) to help improve the state's resilience against natural disasters and climate change has been cleared. Furthermore according to a top bank official kerala has become the first Indian state to get this fund, said Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank, india, in Thiruvananthapuram on Monday.
Ahmad said "The future of india is in the states and hence we decided to invest in state schemes besides concentrating on citizen-centric programs. That's what we have done in the RKP". He added "We will be providing technical assistance to the state for these programs. Besides this, we have an urban service project. Also, the new programs in the pipeline would look into sanitation and solid waste management".
Moreover balakrishna Menon, World Bank india Task Team Leader for the program, said in the RKP they "will not only bring about additional financial resources but also help leverage other development partners and connect the state to lessons from global good practices." Previously, Red Crescent, chapter of Red Cross in uae, had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the state government for providing an assistance of Rs 20 crore in the first phase.
Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders? BJP State Leaders are being extremely critical of the State Government almost on par with the Opposition Party, TDP. YSR Congress is maintaining restraint so as to maintain good relations with the Center. Rajya Sabha MP, Vijaya Sai Reddy along with Ajeya Kallam, principal advisor to the chief minister and other officials went to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) today
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?