Reportedly the first tranche of $250 million of the $500 million fund set aside by the World Bank for the Resilient kerala Programme (RKP) to help improve the state's resilience against natural disasters and climate change has been cleared. Furthermore according to a top bank official kerala has become the first Indian state to get this fund, said Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank, india, in Thiruvananthapuram on Monday.
Ahmad said "The future of india is in the states and hence we decided to invest in state schemes besides concentrating on citizen-centric programs. That's what we have done in the RKP". He added "We will be providing technical assistance to the state for these programs. Besides this, we have an urban service project. Also, the new programs in the pipeline would look into sanitation and solid waste management".
Moreover balakrishna Menon, World Bank india Task Team Leader for the program, said in the RKP they "will not only bring about additional financial resources but also help leverage other development partners and connect the state to lessons from global good practices." Previously, Red Crescent, chapter of Red Cross in uae, had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the state government for providing an assistance of Rs 20 crore in the first phase.
Hyderabad Metro launches a Train every 4 mins during Peak Hours Reportedly the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) said that the average train frequency on the busy route from Nagole to Hitec City will now be increased to 4 minutes during peak hours and it was previously about 7 to 15 minutes. Furthermore this came after the much-awaited reversal facility at Hitec City station was commissioned on Tuesday, "enabling the twin single-line system to be replaced
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- BIG BREAKING: After all the Drama, P Chidambaram arrested in INX Media Scam Case
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Truth Behind Jagan Being Anti-Hindu in the USA
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Doing Everything With The Blessings of Modi and Shah?
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9