Sakshi Misra, daughter of BJP MLA Rajesh Misra and Ajitesh Kumar her husband were assaulted in the court’s corridor. The police intervened and took the couple to the office of the court’s registrar general. So, the Allahabad high court ordered police protection for the couple since they have a threat for their lives because of their intercaste marriage. They were later safely escorted out of the court premises.
The police said that since a lot of people were standing outside the we couldn't identify who hit them so, they were not arrested nor punished for this act. Sakshi told the court that she and her husband feared for her life because her Brahmin family was opposed to her marriage with a Dalit. In her petition to the court, she also said that they were adults who got married on July 4 of their own free will.
Later the court ordered the police to ensure that Mishra or his family members do not harm the couple in any manner. The court also added that the police has to ensure that the couple’s lawyer Vikas Rana is not harmed. Justice Siddharth Verma also asked the couple to have their marriage registered. And he warned them if the marriage is not registered within two months, then the court order will automatically stand vacated. The court also issued a notice to Mishra regarding the claims made in Sakshi’s petition and asked him to give a reply soon regarding this matter. Later that week Mishra issued a statement denying all the allegations that were made against him.
CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu Reportedly city based traders' body Chamber of Traders Federation (CTF) on Thursday demanded a dedicated corridor to transport apples and other perishable items from Kashmir to Jammu. CTF President Neeraj Anand told reporters "We demand a dedicated corridor to ship apples and other perishable items from Kashmir zone to Jammu. We will offer all help to government agencies
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato