Sakshi Misra, daughter of BJP MLA Rajesh Misra and Ajitesh Kumar her husband were assaulted in the court’s corridor. The police intervened and took the couple to the office of the court’s registrar general. So, the Allahabad high court ordered police protection for the couple since they have a threat for their lives because of their intercaste marriage. They were later safely escorted out of the court premises.
The police said that since a lot of people were standing outside the we couldn't identify who hit them so, they were not arrested nor punished for this act. Sakshi told the court that she and her husband feared for her life because her Brahmin family was opposed to her marriage with a Dalit. In her petition to the court, she also said that they were adults who got married on July 4 of their own free will.
Later the court ordered the police to ensure that Mishra or his family members do not harm the couple in any manner. The court also added that the police has to ensure that the couple’s lawyer Vikas Rana is not harmed. Justice Siddharth Verma also asked the couple to have their marriage registered. And he warned them if the marriage is not registered within two months, then the court order will automatically stand vacated. The court also issued a notice to Mishra regarding the claims made in Sakshi’s petition and asked him to give a reply soon regarding this matter. Later that week Mishra issued a statement denying all the allegations that were made against him.
President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir Reportedly the Unites States said India’s decision on Article 370 for the state of Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter but has regional implications and President Donald Trump expects to hear from PM Narendra Modi when they meet on the margins of the upcoming G-7 meetings what he plans to do to reduce
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?
- From September 1 RBI allows e-mandates for recurring transactions
- Single use plastics be banned by Indian Railways from October 2
- Southern Railways plans to suspend Housekeeping Services in 86 Trains