Reportedly after a lull in kerala, the southwest monsoon has been once again been gaining strength in the state with the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) declaring red and orange warnings in several districts for three days from July 18 (Thursday). Accordingly a red warning means ‘take action’, while an orange warning is ‘be prepared’.
Meanwhile the red warning will be in effect in Idukki and Malappuram districts on July 18 and in Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad and Kannur districts on July 19. Furthermore red warning has been issued for Ernakulam and Thrissur besides in Idukki and Malappuram on July 20 and IMD forecasts extremely heavy rain (more than 204 millimeter in 24 hours) in these districts. The State Disaster Management Authority says “The incessant and strong rain would increase the possibility of floods and landslide, and by issuing red alert implies that the government institutions and the public should be cautious”.
Moreover Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kasargode have been issued a yellow warning on July 19 and the KSDMA has directed government departments concerned to take the necessary precautions and to start control rooms at Taluk levels.
What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley? New Delhi sources stated that as the Centre abrogated special status for Jammu and Kashmir, social media was abuzz about buying and owning a home in the Kashmir valley. Reportedly Article 370 of the Constitution that grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir and Article 35A provides special privileges
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- BIG BREAKING: After all the Drama, P Chidambaram arrested in INX Media Scam Case
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Truth Behind Jagan Being Anti-Hindu in the USA
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Doing Everything With The Blessings of Modi and Shah?
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!