Reportedly after a lull in kerala, the southwest monsoon has been once again been gaining strength in the state with the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) declaring red and orange warnings in several districts for three days from July 18 (Thursday). Accordingly a red warning means ‘take action’, while an orange warning is ‘be prepared’.
Meanwhile the red warning will be in effect in Idukki and Malappuram districts on July 18 and in Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad and Kannur districts on July 19. Furthermore red warning has been issued for Ernakulam and Thrissur besides in Idukki and Malappuram on July 20 and IMD forecasts extremely heavy rain (more than 204 millimeter in 24 hours) in these districts. The State Disaster Management Authority says “The incessant and strong rain would increase the possibility of floods and landslide, and by issuing red alert implies that the government institutions and the public should be cautious”.
Moreover Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kasargode have been issued a yellow warning on July 19 and the KSDMA has directed government departments concerned to take the necessary precautions and to start control rooms at Taluk levels.
PM Modi to Bhutanese students ' World today offers more opportunities than ever before" Reportedly Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a 2 day Bhutan visit, on Sunday addressed Bhutanese students and said it's natural that the people of Bhutan and India experience great attachment to each other. When addressing students of the Royal University of Bhutan, PM Modi said, "I want to tell you all, there is no better time to be young than now, the world today offers more opportunities than ever before. You have the power and potential to do extraordinary things, which
- No Future for TDP in Rayalaseema?
- Will TDP Stop Petty Politics At Least Now?
- PM Modi's visit to Bahrain will be first ever Prime Ministerial visit from India
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- CM YS Jagan's speech at Dallas inspires Many
- Suicide bomber targeted a packed Afghan wedding hall at Kabul
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?
- Drunk Driver ran over 6-7 pedestrians in HSR Layout Bengaluru - SHOCKING VIDEO
- This Zomato delivery executive dropped customer along with his food
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Rajnath Singh said talks with Pakistan would now only be on PoK
- Why Mike Tyson spends in Weeds every month?
- SBI planning to float an initial public offer for its credit card subsidiary, SBI Cards
- Telangana Revenue Department perceived as one of the most corrupt in the state