Previously in 2010, the Indian government declared July 24 the National Income Tax Day. Perhaps this is just six days before July 31, which is the last date for filing an income tax return (ITR) which is mandatory for anybody earning over Rs 250,000 annually. Meanwhile on an average, an urban professional falls under the tax bracket right from the beginning of his/her career. Taxes and returns are a critical part of responsible financial management, and hence it is imperative to file a tax return before the due date.
Filing an ITR legitimizes one's earnings, and in case of excess tax paid to the government, one can always claim a refund. Furthermore even though it is not compulsory to file a return if the total income is below taxable limit, it is beneficial to do so. Apparently an ITR is the best document of proof of income. The process also makes one eligible for loans, since the ITR of the three years gone is what banks require to judge the pay-back capacity of the loan seeker.
Moreover absence of an ITR can also reduce the chances of getting a visa to travel abroad. ITR also becomes imperative to obtain a high life cover insurance policy or high-limit credit card. Reportedly technical jargon and excessive paperwork can make filing an ITR seem tedious, but this is now easier than ever before and merely a few clicks away. Hence to begin with, you need to have a few documents in place PAN card, bank account details, Form 16, Form 26AS and proof of investments, which are useful for tax filing. All one needs to do is register on and follow guidelines. After filing ITR successfully, any excess tax paid will be credited to the bank account in approximately three to four months.
Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall According to sources an analysis of the heavy rainfall reported Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall between August 3 and 10, the highest recorded in the state in 118 years and the rainfall led to 'unprecedented' floods and landslides in 21 of the 30 districts in the state, which took the lives of 61 people while 15 are still missing.
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- BIG BREAKING: After all the Drama, P Chidambaram arrested in INX Media Scam Case
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Truth Behind Jagan Being Anti-Hindu in the USA
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Doing Everything With The Blessings of Modi and Shah?
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending