Reportedly notwithstanding the opposition being raised by the employees of Air india, the government appears to keen on moving ahead with the disinvestment in the national carrier. Meanwhile the first signs came when the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made it clear in her budget speech in Parliament that the government has intentions of selling off the airline. Furthermore the huge target of over Rs 1 lakh crore that the FM set for disinvestment cannot be achieved if it does not include Air india.
It is now being reported that the government wants to find a suitable buyer as soon as possible and will roll out road shows to highlight the virtues of taking over the airline. Furthermore the government has expressed its willingness to even meet with the interested buyers, if required, even if they have not joined in the expression of interest race. Apparently the prospective bidders may be allowed to inspect portions of the airline’s accounts apart from the proposed agreement for purchase of the shares.
Moreover these details have been reported out of information provided by sources and not exactly confirmed by either Air india officially or any government sources. According to these sources, the government may allow the bidders to offer their suggestions for changes in the terms of the agreement. Moreover it may be recalled that the government made one attempt at trying to partially disinvest in Air india but did not succeed. It is then that the government reviewed the decision.
Truth Behind Jagan Being Anti-Hindu in the USA Sunil Deodhar who was the main architect of BJP's historic win in the Assembly elections of Tripura is assigned the Task of improving BJP in Andhra Pradesh. He is instructed to destroy TDP first and then occupy the Opposition space. BJP is keen on becoming a significant force in Andhra Pradesh Politics by the time of 2024 elections.
- Why Chandrababu Naidu asked to vacate house?
- Jagan Doing Everything With The Blessings of Modi and Shah?
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements