Amaravathi sources stated that the Andhra Pradesh student community was very happy over Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy's recent announcement to extend the benefits of the Amma Vodi Scheme to Intermediate students. Meanwhile a large number of Intermediate students met the Chief Minister to express their heartfelt gratitude for this noble gesture at the Assembly premises in Amaravathi on Wednesday.
Furthermore they told him that the "jagan Anna" Amma Vodi scheme was beneficial to the children of the lower strata and minorities and would support their mothers in ensuring that their children get an education. Reportedly they also explained that many girls who had completed tenth class could not continue studies further and were pulled out from school by their parents, but through this scheme their parents were assured that their daughters could also continue their higher education without any issues.
Moreover the assurance was given as part of the Navaratnalu which was to encourage mothers to send their children to school by providing Rs. 15000 annually as a financial assistance. Previously the Amma Vodi Scheme was meant for supporting students till high school, however, YS jagan directed the education department officials to extend the scheme for intermediate education also.
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA