Reportedly the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised doubts about Strides Pharma Sciences Ltd’s quality control practices after finding adulteration and evidence of uncontrolled shredding of documents at one of its plants. Meanwhile the FDA found "significant violations" of current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations at Strides Pharma's plant in puducherry in southern india, the drug regulator said in a warning letter that was made public on Tuesday.
Furthermore shares of the Bangalore-based company, which fell as much as 8 per cent to a near one year low earlier on Wednesday, were trading down 3.2 per cent at 1:27 pm. Previously Aurobindo Pharma Ltd was warned by the FDA for ignoring impurities in an active ingredient it produced. hyderabad-based Aurobindo recalled contaminated valsartan in January and in March.
Moreover the destruction of quality-control paperwork by Strides and a lack of adequate documentation that its medicines are safe raise questions about the effectiveness of Strides’s quality unit and the integrity and accuracy of its data, said Francis Godwin, director of the FDA’s Office of Manufacturing Quality, in the letter. Apparently CGMP documents in the binder were dated as recently as January 21, 2019: seven days before our inspection. Your quality unit did not review or check these documents prior to disposal, Godwin said in the letter, addressed to Strides Chief Executive Officer Arun Kumar.
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation