Reportedly the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has raised doubts about Strides Pharma Sciences Ltd’s quality control practices after finding adulteration and evidence of uncontrolled shredding of documents at one of its plants. Meanwhile the FDA found "significant violations" of current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations at Strides Pharma's plant in puducherry in southern india, the drug regulator said in a warning letter that was made public on Tuesday.
Furthermore shares of the Bangalore-based company, which fell as much as 8 per cent to a near one year low earlier on Wednesday, were trading down 3.2 per cent at 1:27 pm. Previously Aurobindo Pharma Ltd was warned by the FDA for ignoring impurities in an active ingredient it produced. hyderabad-based Aurobindo recalled contaminated valsartan in January and in March.
Moreover the destruction of quality-control paperwork by Strides and a lack of adequate documentation that its medicines are safe raise questions about the effectiveness of Strides’s quality unit and the integrity and accuracy of its data, said Francis Godwin, director of the FDA’s Office of Manufacturing Quality, in the letter. Apparently CGMP documents in the binder were dated as recently as January 21, 2019: seven days before our inspection. Your quality unit did not review or check these documents prior to disposal, Godwin said in the letter, addressed to Strides Chief Executive Officer Arun Kumar.
1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps Accordingly hotels and restaurants have stepped up pressure on food technology platforms to reduce the discounts and commissions. Meanwhile after several restaurants logged out of these platforms last week, the umbrella body of hotels and restaurants association has also stepped in and asked the food service aggregators (FSAs) to review the practices.
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?