Reportedly after india's ambitious moon mission, Chandrayaan-2, was called off earlier this week following a technical snag with the launch vehicle, the Indian Space Research Organization announced on Thursday that the launch has been rescheduled to July 22. As per report the launch will now take place at 2:43 pm at Satish Dhawan Space Research Centre in Sriharikota.
Furthermore with less than an hour to go before the scheduled launch on July 15, ISRO aborted the scheduled launch following a technical issue with the nipple joint of the launcher and the countdown clock stopped at 56 minutes at 24 seconds. Further the GSLV-MK III, the vehicle carrying Chandrayaan-2, is india’s most powerful launcher. It is set to hold 13 payloads scientific devices and one passive experiment from NASA. Chandrayaan-2 has three modules – an orbiter, a lander (Vikram), and a rover (Pragyan).
Moreover the lander, Vikram, is set to touch base near the south Pole of the moon, which is the darker side of the moon. The lunar south Pole is especially interesting because of the lunar surface area here remains in shadow, and is much larger than that at the North Pole, according to ISRO and almost the entire orbiter, lander and rover were designed and made in india.
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation