According to sources Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy derided the TDP for initiating a discussion on illegally constructed 'grievance hall' -Praja Vedika demolished recently by the YSRCP government. Meanwhile he pointed out that no one stood above the law. YS jagan cited the example of Chennai and more recently mumbai affected by heavy rains resulting in building collapse and loss of lives.
Furthermore such tragedies could be averted if people and leaders followed construction laws and allowed water to take its course. Apparently YS jagan stated that the River Conservator has the authority to deny permissions when the River Conservation Act is violated and the Chief Minister requested the Speaker to permit him to screen a letter written by the executive engineer concerned in which it was stated that the maximum flood level is 22.60 m and the highest field level of the illegal constructions is 19.50 m.
Moreover Praja Vedika and other buildings are obstructing floods, he pointed out. YS jagan observed that when the chief minister himself flouts rules, others follow suit indiscriminately. Perhaps the chief minister further remarked that such actions could submerge Vijayawada. Hence, he had emphatically stated to IAS/IPS officers and senior officials at the Collectors' Conference that "if we sit and hold meetings in such an illegally constructed hall we would be sending a wrong message to the people of the state."
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA