Accordingly Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy moved the motion of confidence in the House, and it was accepted by the Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar. Meanwhile as CM Kumaraswamy raised the issue of Wednesday’s Supreme Court order, Congress Legislature Party Leader Siddaramaiah raised a point of order contending that his Constitutional rights under the Tenth Schedule had been curtailed by the apex court verdict.
Siddaramaiah said “SC order has discussed about my rights as CLP leader to issue whip but I was not a respondent to present my concerns. As the outcome of anti-defection law has its implications on no-confidence motion, I would like to request to postpone the motion until we get clarification from SC”. He also told the Speaker that he would petition the court seeking a clarification on the same.
Moreover the move was an attempt to buy more time for the coalition which does not have the numbers presently to pass the confidence motion. Accordingly the Congress and JD(S) are looking at different options and the Supreme Court had on Wednesday passed an interim order giving freedom to the 15 rebel MLAs to not attend the Assembly proceedings including the trust vote. This even as it allowed the Speaker to decide on their resignations, without setting a deadline.
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA