Reportedly Prime Minister Narendra modi will address the Indian-American community here on September 22 during his visit to the US for the UN General Assembly session, according to the organizers of the Howdy modi event. Houston, which has one of the largest concentration of over 500,000 Indian-American community in the US, is the energy capital of the world. Energy security is a priority area for the Prime Minister.
Reportedly "Howdy, modi!", the Indian-American community summit, will be hosted by the Texas india Forum, the Houston-based non-profit which is expected to bring together tens of thousands of people. Howdy", shorthand for 'How do you do?', is a friendly greetings commonly used in southwestern united states. Meanwhile in addition to modi's address, the program is also expected to include a cultural program that showcases the Indian-American community and will be broadcast live online and on television channels reaching over 1 billion people across the US and india, the organizers said.
Moreover regarding modi's trip to Houston, Mayor Sylvestor Turner, who took a trade delegation to india in November last, said, "I look forward with excitement to Prime Minister modi's visit as this historic visit will strengthen the already robust bonds between Houston and india on trade, culture, tourism and more". "The event is expected to bring together tens of thousands of people to encourage and explore common interests and an expanded partnership between the united states and india's fast growing economy.
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA