Reportedly Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Thursday said tirunelveli and Kancheepuram districts will be bifurcated to create two new districts headquartered in tenkasi and Chengalpattu. When announcing this in the Assembly, Palaniswami said representations were received from ministers, legislators and public to bifurcate big districts like tirunelveli and Kancheepuram.
Furthermore he said the bifurcation is made for administrative convenience. Apparently with this, the total number of districts in Tamilnadu will go up to 35. Palaniswami also said separate officials will be appointed for these two new districts tenkasi and Chengalpattu. According to 2011 census, tenkasi had a population of 70,545 and Chengalpattu had 62,579. While Chengalpattu is closer to Chennai and has its fair share of industries and colleges, tenkasi paints an idyllic picture with good natural bounty dotted by plenty of rivers like Chittar River, Rambarabarani River, Manimuthar River and Pachaiyar River.
Moreover the Chief Minister was giving a speech in the Tamilnadu legislative assembly in response to the Governor’s speech when he said that in accordance with the requests made by C Ve Shanmugam, the law minister and the MLA from Ulundurpet assembly constituency in Villupuram district, the new district has been announced.
Bharti Airtel & Vodafone Idea lost majority of customers because of Reliance Jio Reportedly Reliance Jio has added 44 million active subscribers over the past six months, while Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea have lost 20 million and 68 million clients, respectively, most likely due to the introduction of minimum recharge plans, said a report from broking firm CLSA. Meanwhile Jio leads with 52 per cent share among 3G/4G users, Bharti's share has been stable at 23 per cent, but
- Amazon gives Job for 15,000 by opening World's largest campus in Hyderabad
- Amazon Fresh store be on Amazon.in will deliver to select pin-codes in Bengaluru starting August 23
- Pregnant Woman spend whole night over a tree to escape from Yamuna River
- Will Karnataka get additional Rs. 4432 Crore as disaster hit from Centre?
- Tamilnadu Leaders reacted to arrest of P Chidambaram
- Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall
- Hyderabad Metro launches a Train every 4 mins during Peak Hours
- Will Priyanka Chopra be removed as Goodwill Ambassador as per Pakistan's request to UN?
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Vistara benefited after closure of Jet Airways
- Tollywood Writer Getting 500 Crore Project for Supporting Jagan?
- BJP Targeting YSR Congress on Polavaram Project
- Water released from Prakasam barrage
- All Eyes on Jagan for Polavaram Reverse Tenders