Reportedly Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Thursday said tirunelveli and Kancheepuram districts will be bifurcated to create two new districts headquartered in tenkasi and Chengalpattu. When announcing this in the Assembly, Palaniswami said representations were received from ministers, legislators and public to bifurcate big districts like tirunelveli and Kancheepuram.
Furthermore he said the bifurcation is made for administrative convenience. Apparently with this, the total number of districts in Tamilnadu will go up to 35. Palaniswami also said separate officials will be appointed for these two new districts tenkasi and Chengalpattu. According to 2011 census, tenkasi had a population of 70,545 and Chengalpattu had 62,579. While Chengalpattu is closer to Chennai and has its fair share of industries and colleges, tenkasi paints an idyllic picture with good natural bounty dotted by plenty of rivers like Chittar River, Rambarabarani River, Manimuthar River and Pachaiyar River.
Moreover the Chief Minister was giving a speech in the Tamilnadu legislative assembly in response to the Governor’s speech when he said that in accordance with the requests made by C Ve Shanmugam, the law minister and the MLA from Ulundurpet assembly constituency in Villupuram district, the new district has been announced.
IT leaves the DOTs without connect in statement! Last week Chita Sridhar took award for best construction of Polavaram works in 2019 for Navayuga Engineering Company Limited (NECL) when IT raids take place on its counterpart Megha Engineering & Infrastructures Ltd.
- Chennai Metro hiked tanker price
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?