New delhi sources stated that the World Bank's website shows the status of the project as "dropped" without giving reason. According to the website, the total project cost was USD 715 million with the World Bank planning to provide loan of USD 300 million. Meanwhile the project was to be co-financed by another multilateral funding agency Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Beijing based AIIB had committed USD 200 million.
Reportedly environmental activists, farmer leaders, and civil society organizations opposed and criticized this project for building the city on the floodplains of river Krishna, diverting fertile farmlands and forests, displacing around 20,000 families, acquiring lands, and allegedly favoring contractors for the construction of the city. Moreover YS jagan alleged that Chandrababu and his benamis resorted to 'insider trading' as the former chief minister was privy to the information where the new capital was going to be located.
Apparently officials who headed the AP Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) during the previous dispensation even claimed that the World Bank included the project under retro-financing category, which meant that the international lender would reimburse what all amount the government spent on the project. Perhaps the Chandrababu Naidu government listed it under the Externally-Aided Projects under the Special Assistance Measures announced by the Narendra modi government in 2016 so that the repayment burden would be taken on by the Centre.
Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders? BJP State Leaders are being extremely critical of the State Government almost on par with the Opposition Party, TDP. YSR Congress is maintaining restraint so as to maintain good relations with the Center. Rajya Sabha MP, Vijaya Sai Reddy along with Ajeya Kallam, principal advisor to the chief minister and other officials went to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) today
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?