Accordingly as the water level in the periyar river has been rising because of heavy rains lashing Idukki district and the catchment areas of the river, a warning has been issued to those residing on the banks of the periyar and its tributaries. A release issued by the Executive Engineer of the periyar Valley River Project division says “As the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rains to continue in the coming days, the level of water in the periyar river could increase exponentially. And so, those living on the banks of the river should be cautious”.
Accordingly a red alert has been issued in Idukki, Pathanamthitta and Kottayam districts for Friday, in Idukki on Saturday and Kannur on Sunday. KSDMA has directed that those living in areas and houses that have been tagged as unfit for living by the Geological Survey of india should be shifted to relief camps if necessary.
Moreover if needed, relief camps would be opened in villages for families that are living in houses that were damaged in last year’s floods and have not been repaired. Perhaps Collectors have also been directed to make sure that the district control room is working 24/7. They should also ensure that each department in the district is working specifically according to the guidelines published by the KSDMA as part of monsoon preparedness.
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation