Reportedly with the Southwest monsoon gaining strength and heavy rains continuing in Idukki district and the catchment area of the periyar river, shutters of four dams coming under Idukki and Ernakulam districts have been opened. As per report one shutter each of the Kallarkutty and Pambla dams, two shutters of the malankara dam in Idukki and nine shutters of Boothathankettu dam situated in Ernakulam district were opened on Friday.
Furthermore those living along the banks of the periyar River and its tributaries have been asked to be cautious as there is a possibility of water levels rising exponentially if heavy rains persist. Apparently irrigation department has also opened two shutters of malankara dam situated across Thoduppuzha River, a tributary of Muvattupuzha River. Further as the water level reached 135.30 feet, two shutters of malankara dam have also been opened and 26.77 cumec water is being discharged from the dam.
Moreover Boothankettu situated across the periyar River in Ernakulam district, with a capacity of 169.7 million cubic meter, as of Friday afternoon had water level of 29.70 m. Perhaps with the experience of last year’s deluge and the criticism over mismanagement of dams, the state government machinery is now on high alert as Southwest monsoon is strengthening.
Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders? BJP State Leaders are being extremely critical of the State Government almost on par with the Opposition Party, TDP. YSR Congress is maintaining restraint so as to maintain good relations with the Center. Rajya Sabha MP, Vijaya Sai Reddy along with Ajeya Kallam, principal advisor to the chief minister and other officials went to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) today
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?