As per report holiday has been declared for schools and colleges in Dakshina Kannada district on Saturday after the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted heavy rains and issued a red alert in the district for the next five days. A statement by the Dakshina Kannada district administration read "Due to a warning by IMD of heavy rainfall in coastal Karnataka from July 20 to 22. Every day over 200 mm rainfall is forecast and red alert has been issued. Taking note of this, the district administration has declared a holiday to schools and colleges (government and private) on July 20”.
Meanwhile the advisory also warned children against going near water bodies while the fishing community has also been advised against entering the seas in the next few days. Furthermore the IMD has forecast over 200 mm rainfall for the next five days, the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) predicted heavy to very heavy rains over coastal and Malnad regions of Karnataka.
Accordingly an official at the railway station confirmed that the rains did not disrupt the schedules of trains. Low lying areas near MG Road's Empire Mall were also inundated.
Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders? BJP State Leaders are being extremely critical of the State Government almost on par with the Opposition Party, TDP. YSR Congress is maintaining restraint so as to maintain good relations with the Center. Rajya Sabha MP, Vijaya Sai Reddy along with Ajeya Kallam, principal advisor to the chief minister and other officials went to Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) today
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?