Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in india and on the global stage.
Furthermore Murthy was awarded at a summer graduation ceremony at the university's campus in Surrey, where the university's computer science undergraduate and postgraduate students also received their degrees. Murthy said in a statement "It is a great privilege to receive this award and I am grateful to Royal Holloway for recognizing me in this way. I am honored to be joining this new generation as they graduate and their potential, combined with the knowledge and skills they have gained through their studies, fills me with hope and excitement for our future, and the positive difference they can make in our world".
Earlier Murthy co-founded Infosys in 1981, with its focus on designing and implementing a global delivery model for IT services which relied on outsourced staff based in india. Moreover a global leader in technology services and employer of 70,000 people globally, Infosys has $3 billion in revenues and was the first Indian company to be listed on the American stock exchange in 1999.
IMD predicted light rain in Chennai for next 48 hours Reportedly cloudy weather is expected to continue in Chennai city with the Met Department predicting light rain in some areas. Meanwhile the bulletin issued at 9 pm on Saturday from the Regional Meteorological Centre in Chennai said, “The sky condition is likely to be generally cloudy. Light rain is likely to occur in some areas.”
- A drunken man bit a snake into pieces as it attacked him
- Amazon working with Catamaran, to launch its food delivery service in India
- AP CM Jagan plans to attract more investments
- Botsa and Anil Kumar Yadav To Be Removed from Jagan's Cabinet
- Jagan Planning To Have Four Capitals for AP
- Will Housekeeping services be continued in Southern Railway Trains?
- Case Filed on Former Speaker Kodela in Furniture Robbery Case
- Chandrababu's First Delhi Trip After Election Defeat
- Youngsters with smart phones can register themselves as damage assessment volunteers for Kerala flood relief
- Airtel bundled various other offers including subscriptions to OTT platforms
- Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala?
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- Does Govt force Village Volunteers to give up studies?
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu
- PM Modi to Skip Arun Jaitley's Final Rites