Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy who allotted the maximum number of Cabinet Berths to SCs, STs and OBCs has taken another landmark decision. jagan had decided to give 50 percent of the nominated posts and 50 percent of the contracts on nomination basis to the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, backward classes, and minorities.
SCs, STs, BCs, and minorities will be provided 50 percent of the posts in government corporations, boards, societies, trusts and market yards. SCs, STs, and OBCs will also get half of the posts in temple committees. Also, 50 percent of the nominated posts and 50 percent of contracts to be given to the weaker sections will go to women.
In another bonanza for backward classes, the government decided to provide annual financial assistance of Rs 10,000 each to washermen, barbers, and tailors. The cabinet decided to provide free electricity to SC families with an upper limit of 200 units per month. Political Experts are hailing this decision as historical.
75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today New Delhi sources stated that on the 75th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi on Tuesday, top Congress leaders, including party President Sonia Gandhi, former prime minister Manmohan Singh, and former president Pranab Mukherjee, paid homage to the former Prime Minister. Meanwhile at a prayer meeting organized at 'Veer Bhumi', the memorial of Rajiv Gandhi, former Congress chief
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Kerala Floods wreak havoc as 2 villages buried due to landslides and more than a 100 lives were lost
- Coffee Day announced its debt after sale of Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru
- PM Modi to Bhutanese students ' World today offers more opportunities than ever before"