Andhra Pradesh government has ratified that huge irregularities had taken place under the TDP and pointed out that the Chandrababu government had needlessly bought power at a higher rate. Violating APERC guidelines, the TDP government had purchased surplus power at a higher rate from 2015-16 to 2018-19.
The Chandrababu government had tweaked the agreements process to cause benefit to a few companies and as a result, an additional burden of Rs. 2766 crore was placed on the state exchequer. Interestingly, 64% of the power purchase was done through 3 companies which indicates corruption and kickbacks.
It may be recalled that Chief Minister YS jagan Mohan Reddy has already constituted a Cabinet Sub Committee to review the PPAs comprising Finance Minister Buggana Rajendranath Reddy, Energy Minister Balineni srinivas Reddy, ajay Kallam among others. It has to be seen if the bosses in the previous government will be in trouble with their report.
Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage According to sources the UNESCO shared the announcement on Twitter. “Just inscribed as @UNESCO #WorldHeritage Site: Jaipur City in Rajasthan, #India. Bravo,” the UN body posted on Saturday. The decision was taken at the 43rd session of the Unesco World Heritage Committee, which is taking place in Azerbaijan from June 20 to July 10.
- IMD predicted light rain in Chennai for next 48 hours
- A drunken man bit a snake into pieces as it attacked him
- Amazon working with Catamaran, to launch its food delivery service in India
- AP CM Jagan plans to attract more investments
- Botsa and Anil Kumar Yadav To Be Removed from Jagan's Cabinet
- Jagan Planning To Have Four Capitals for AP
- Will Housekeeping services be continued in Southern Railway Trains?
- Case Filed on Former Speaker Kodela in Furniture Robbery Case
- Chandrababu's First Delhi Trip After Election Defeat
- Youngsters with smart phones can register themselves as damage assessment volunteers for Kerala flood relief
- Airtel bundled various other offers including subscriptions to OTT platforms
- Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala?
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- Does Govt force Village Volunteers to give up studies?
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu