After the division of the state in 2014, Vijayawada is being centre of attraction for AP. Political and business activities reached to peak in Vijayawada even before capital has announced in Amravati. Having temporary CM camp office in Vijayawada city and nearest to hyderabad in distance, people and officials visited to the city regularly. Officials are worrisome for hefty rents in Vijayawada when they decided to move from hyderabad.
Because of all these, traffic in Gannavaram airport increased drastically. CBN govt did some development activities and extend the airport to the back side to cope up the traffic in the airport. Having Ashokgajapathy Raju as Civil Aviation Minister in modi cabinet was added more advantage for the development of Airports in Andhra Pradesh. Tirupati Airport turns to be International Airport where as Vizag, Rajahmundry and Vijayawada Airports have developed. All these development activities in Vijayawada cause to increase Hotel Occupancy rate. Though there was no 5 Star Hotels in the city, other hotels are getting occupied quickly.
Now, Air Connectivity was slowly disconnected to AP. Private Airlines have decided to cancel their services from Vijayawada and Vizag. Services from Vizag to Bangalore, kolkata, mumbai, Kochi and delhi are discontinued by one of the Private Airlines. AP new Government has not showed much interest to renew the services. Vizag to Colombo flight was stopped where as Vijayawada to singapore flight was stopped. 3 of the Airlines have stopped early morning services from hyderabad to Vijayawada and vice versa. Hotel occupancy rate in Vijayawada have dropped from 90% to 30% in last 45 days. Occupancy rate increased in Hotel Sector when there is any activity in any city. Currently, we don’t see much business activity in AP new Capital Amravati. When there is no activity that impact falls on tourism and travel industry.
75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today New Delhi sources stated that on the 75th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi on Tuesday, top Congress leaders, including party President Sonia Gandhi, former prime minister Manmohan Singh, and former president Pranab Mukherjee, paid homage to the former Prime Minister. Meanwhile at a prayer meeting organized at 'Veer Bhumi', the memorial of Rajiv Gandhi, former Congress chief
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Kerala Floods wreak havoc as 2 villages buried due to landslides and more than a 100 lives were lost
- Coffee Day announced its debt after sale of Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru
- PM Modi to Bhutanese students ' World today offers more opportunities than ever before"